Friday, July 5, 2013

Retired Five Days

"Start a Blog"
Bucket list, check. Now comes the hard part.

Retirement thus far has consisted of chasing around and running errands. No thanks; I've changed my mind.

After being considered someone somewhat important sitting in the principal's corner office, it's quite a come-down waiting for two hours at the Social Security Office with the unwashed and tattooed masses to make a change in my Medicare selection--only to have to return twice to actually get it done, trekking to the Base for a change in my military ID card three times and still not having it.....all the frustrations of being a "dependent wife" come rushing back and I wonder what on earth I was thinking to retire.

I loved my job and was good at it. What WAS I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment